Manyanye

Manyanye
Born-perfectionist

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Life Of Obert Manyanye

Obert Manyanye

A Shona speaking young man, Obert Manyanye is my name. I was born to Wilson Manyanye and Gladys Mukupe Chagonda on Sunday 12th September 1982 at Masvingo Provincial Hospital in Zimbabwe. I am the oldest in family of three, after me come Remina my sister and lastly my younger brother Frank.

My character

I am someone who knows himself; it makes it easy for me to describe myself. I am a soft-spoken guy, my friends and family know this. I am calm, cool and well-groomed. Though I may not be the Mr. Right anyone can ever want, I definitely am one person one may recommend for friend, brother, and so on. I however am so short-tempered, only that I hold my tempers. I love people and I am guaranteed people love me. I socialize and I make a good friend so easily. My strength is in my close friends and relatives. These people, when they are not there, life aint that easy, and when I am not there, they find life hard.

Religion

I was brought up in a God –loving-and-fearing family, but I think I was not born again until 2003 when I was baptized with spirit and water. From then, I started to see things differently, hear, feel, smell and taste things more differently. I have seen the hand of God, and that hand has touched me countless times. I read the Bible, I find peace, I hear God speak, I feel His love, and I love so much

My Parents



It was on Wednesday, the 14th of December 1994 and the 30th of September 1998 when I lost my mum and my dad respectively, Wednesday. I was 12 years old when mum passed away and 16 when dad passed away. Life wasn’t easy; it wasn’t a bed of roses. Me and my siblings would sleep without food, we would be chased away at school for unpaid school fees. But my God was so faithful, my uncle Adonis and his wife helped me out. Though they had a big family, they did all they could. Where they could not afford, I was helped my Charitable organization, like the Roman Catholic Church, since I learnt at Silveira Mission High School which was a Catholic. Up to now I just wish my parents could have done better than dying, they could have taken me to a better level than this. But God is always faithful; He will not allow a wound to appear unless he intends to heal.

Where Am I

The economic landscape in Zimbabwe wasn’t favourable in any way to live a normal life. I had to run form border to border looking for a country to stay whilst I will be waiting for the economy of Zimbabwe to stabilize and rebuild, then go back and be at peace to beauty of motherland. I am staying Manzini, the second and former capital city of the Kingdom of Swaziland. It’s peaceful this side, but home will always be best. I pray that one of these days I go back home, where my roots are, and reunite with my family, the whole dynasty and rebuild our name.

Where I came from

In the chiefdom of Mkanganwi, under the headman-ship of Mpakwa, in the western district of Bikita West of Masvingo Province in Zimbabwe, there was a man by the name Nicholas Manyanye. Now Nicholas had sons known to me, these were Amos Tapfumaneyi, Asiel, Jarinos and Tobias. Amos Tapfumaneyi begat four sons Frank, Adonis, Wilson and Davison, and Wilson became the father of Obert, that is myself, and Frank, and his only daughter Remina. A better history in brief is found in my account of The Manyanye Dynasty http://manyanye.wordpress.com/2010/01/09/the-manyanye-dynasty/

No comments:

Post a Comment